Thursday, February 2, 2012

WEEKLY BLOG 2/2

This week I learned about some good ways to locate research sources, that will be helpful when I start looking up information for my inquiry project. Wikipedia isn't that reliable of a source because, anybody can put right or wrong information up there, but it can be used to look up some information. GoogleScholar and GoggleBooks are two good sources to use. This week I also learned how to evaluate websites. When evaluating websites, I should keep these questions in mind: Who is the author? Is it institutionally affliated? What authority does it have? Who is the audience? What is the purpose? What is the rhetorical stance? Does it deal with both sides of an issue or only one? Does it offer links to other sites? How timely is the page? Does it sight original sources of information? Is it easy to navigate? I think with the information I learned this week, my inquiry project will have very good sources and i'll know which ones I should stay away from.

No comments:

Post a Comment