Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Identity Collage for ENGL 1102


How does the collage represent my identity?
The collage I made represents my identity in a number of ways. The pictures I picked to be apart of this, all have something to do with whats in my life and what I like. Starting off with the green crayon, my favorite color is green. Its randomly been my favorite color since I was a little kid and so I've just stuck with it. Anyone who knows me well knows to buy me gifts with anything green in it i.e money :). Next is the picture of the biology book. Biology is my major and my favorite subject in school. I have always loved studying life and humans. Considering this is something I plan on making my everyday life career one day, biology does represent my identity. Another really important picture on my collage is the picture of the family. My family is really important to me and has the most important impact on my life. They are my everything so they are people in my life that represent my identity. The Holy Bible picture is very important because, I am a chrisitan and the bible is what guides christians. That picture reperents that I believe in God. Another important picture would be that 2010 Hyundia Sonata. I got that car 2 christmases ago and I absolutely love it, just like the picture of the motorolla droid x, those are my "babies" and I feel like they are things that I could live without but would absolutely hate it so they represent my identity. The picture of me and my boyfriend represent my identity because were like two peas in a pod. Whenever you see me you see him and vice versa. He's very important in my life and my love :). The next picture is a picture of me and some of my bestfriends (including my sister in the green jacket). They represent my identity a lot because they have been in my life for what seems like foreverrrrrr. We all have a big impact on each others lives and  love each other dearly. I could go on and on about all the pictures on my collage but to sum it all up, all of the pictures that make up my collage represent my identity because they all make up my life and they things in my life that I love.

What are the links between images and identity in our society? (What types of images do I identify with?)

I believe I identify with images that deal with glittery, girly things such as red tall heels, make-up, flashy earrings, and bright colors. I think I’m more of a city girl so I like big lights, dressed up clothes, tall buildings, and nice cars. I think the links between images and identity in our society deal with what a person wants to be perceived as.  Being accepted in the society is big for people so I think my identity sets me in a category to be accepted as “girly” and “successful”. The links tie up to what people want to be seen as and viewed as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment