Wednesday, April 11, 2012

weekly post

Over good friday I had plenty of time to think about how I wanted to actually start off my persuassive paper. I had a lot of good flowing ideas from my mom. I decided to make my paper about the foster care system and how corrupt it is. Since I have been focusing on child abuse for my major inquiry project, writing about foster care kind of ties into it because many children who are abused end up under the governments care into the foster care system. I feel like many kids who go under this system hate it because it pulls them away from there home into a place they may not like. A lot of the government officials under this  system are very nonchalant about caring for the children who are taken away and I feel as if I could persuade my audience to look at the system as being corrupt as well and take action the way i imply it. Overall I think it will be easy to pull my audience on my side with facts and statistics. Also a story or two of an actual foster child could affect my readers emotions to make them feel pathetic for the child, making them vulnerable to easily be persuaded. I feel like after i get some help on my rough draft with dr. minslow my final paper will be extremely great.

No comments:

Post a Comment